Traveling Carry-on Only?
We’ve got you covered with our tips and tricks to packing light. Some airlines have become more strict in the size of carry-on they allow, so be sure to check with your airline before selecting your carry-on bag as well as any weight restrictions. You wouldn’t want to arrive and be forced to check your bag after putting in the work to scale back your belongings!
Clothes, Shoes and Accessories
- Limit your daytime outfit changes and pack staples that can be worn more than once. One pair of shorts that will match 2-3 tops, and limit your bathing suit selection to your favorite, or 2 at most.
- Do bring a different outfit for each evening, but for the gents, one pair of pants and multiple shirts should be fine. Ladies, your dresses don’t take up too much room so bring a different dress/skirt for each evening.
- If you’re a shoe fanatic, carry on may not be for you. But if you can manage with a pair of dressy flip flops or sandals that can take you from day to night, that’s your best bet.
- If you’re planning to exercise or hike during your trip, definitely plan to wear your socks and sneakers on the plane. It will save space and keep you comfortable on the flight.
A phone and phone charger is all you need, skip the laptop tablets and other gadgets all together
Toiletries & First Aid
- For toiletries, plan on using whatever you can that the hotel supplies, but if you have a specific liquid item you need to bring, you can take toiletries or other liquids that are in containers no larger than 3.4 ounces and they must all fit in a one quart clear zip top bag.
- Sunscreen can be purchased at your destination, but can be pricey at beach resorts. You’ll want to weigh the cost/benefit of taking up some of your one quart liquid bag.
- Eliminate hair products and go natural and let the ocean breeze dry your hair
- Do pack a bag of the necessary medicine: prescriptions, pain relievers and cough drop or two.
No skipping here, remember all your paperwork and keep it in a safe place most likely in your secondary personal item bag. But remember to keep passports / credit cards and their copies separately!
- Use a breach tote as your personal item for the flight. It should be a large bag to handle spill over from your carry on luggage, and will double as your beach tote at the resort!
- In general, limit non-necessities as much as you can. Enjoy the beauty and activities of your vacation and just relax!